They say that health is wealth. And this is true because staying healthy could save you a lot of money on medication and hospital bills. One easy way to achieve optimum health is to boost your immune system. This system does a remarkable job of protecting or defending the body against diseases caused by microorganisms. Fortunately, there are power foods that can help boost your immune system:
- Spirulina – spirulina’s impact on the immune system has to do with its ability to encourage the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut. With more of these healthy bacteria, the body can then control the overgrowth of candida, the bacteria that worsens the symptoms of autoimmune diseases such as Crohn’s syndrome and lupus among others.
- Barley Grass – This young soft green shoot that crops on barley plants is a nutrient-rich food. It is loaded with vitamins A, B1, B2, B3 and B6, C, E and K. It is also high in essential elements that work as electrolytes to the body. These include magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, zinc and calcium. Regular consumption of barley grass balances the body’s production of immune cells. As a result, your body is able to improve its defense mechanism.
- Wheat Grass – This is another type of grass that is beneficial to your immune system. It contains twice the amount of vitamin A in carrots and higher the amount of vitamin C in oranges. It also contains all the B vitamins as well as magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, sodium and potassium in a balanced ratio. Wheat grass plays a vital role in neutralizing the toxins in the body. As it is also high in beneficial enzymes, it protects the body from carcinogens, and lessens the effect of radiation.
- Flaxseed – This power food is a good source of healthy fat, dietary fiber and antioxidant. It is also rich in proteins and ALA omega 3. The elements found in flaxseed could help lower your risk of cancer, diabetes, cancer and heart conditions
- Cinnamon – Cinnamon is one of the most powerful foods that can boost your immune system. That is because of its high antimicrobial, antibacterial, antioxidant and anticarcinogenic components. Regular consumption of cinnamon could help protect the body from free radicals, reduce inflammation and lower your risk of cancer.
Taking these power foods regularly can make a big difference in your body’s immunity. One convenient way to incorporate all these foods in your diet is to take a serve of Green Boost daily that contains all these ingredients.
Formula Health - Your Daily Dose of Nourishment